Thursday, November 4, 2010

Last Hurrah


If you didn't see the news at ten, then I need to fill you in on a bit of news in my life. In a little under a month, I will be leaving KRBC as well as the Big Country. So how do I put into perspective what this place has done for me? I owe everything to this area. This is the place where I grew up. It's the place where I went to school, watched high school football, learned my multiplication tables. This is the place where I found my passion, my career for the last 5 years. This is where my family lives, and where I feel like I am always home. So to say that my departure is bitter sweet is a drastic understatement. My husband and I will be moving to Malibu California. He took a job at Pepperdine University. It is an exciting new chapter in our lives. I can't wait to see what life has in store for me. Before I go however, on KRBC I will be crossing things off of my Big Country Bucket List. Everything from restaraunts I have always wanted to try, to conquering a fear of mine. It will be my last hurrah, for now, in the friendly frontier.

No comments:

Post a Comment