Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'll Miss About the Big Country

What will I miss about Abilene and the Big Country? All of it.

This place has been my home, my life, my passion. My best friends are from here, and some of my favorite places in the whole world have been right around the corner my whole life. I just want everyone to know that I never took my time here in Abilene for granted. I cherished every minute of it, and I can't wait to bring my kids here to see where I grew up.

Through our different community outreach programs, I have seen more generosity in this place than I have and ever will in any other. I will miss the West Texas sunsets, I will miss high school football, I will miss my family and friends. And I will absolutely miss my work. I will miss the opportunity to be in your homes every night. I will miss my fabulous co-workers, who are some of my best friends in the world. And I will miss all of you, the faithful viewers of KRBC.

Thank you so much for the support you have given me. This has been the best experience of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment